Advert

Facebook   RSS   Twitter   deviantArt

Comments :

Ladybug around the world 3 minutes ago #9754654

@MrEMLocke eh ok. I call soft drink soda as well so it doesn't bother me much

SuomenJoukot

15 M

Online Now
Coffee Thief 7 minutes ago #9754653

Don't touch our coffee...

Lemonseizure

15 O

Online Now
Topic: What would you like to be in the SatW book? 11 minutes ago #9754652

Brother Estonia?

SuomenJoukot

15 M

Online Now
Sports in Finland 17 minutes ago #9754651

I watch these competitions every year.. It's fun.

SuomenJoukot

15 M

Online Now
Coat of Arms 18 minutes ago #9754650

The special lion is my spirit animal!

SuomenJoukot

15 M

Online Now
Candy Store 20 minutes ago #9754649

Someone should take that sword out of its head

SuomenJoukot

15 M

Online Now
Proud Finland 21 minutes ago #9754648

I love the special lion

Lemonseizure

15 O

Online Now
Topic: What products would you like in the SatW Store? 22 minutes ago #9754647

Figures and/or the countires' shirts!

Lemonseizure

15 O

Online Now
Topic: Terrible Therapist #2 [FORUM GAME] 25 minutes ago #9754646

Got a wound? Pour some vodka on it.
Is your friend mad? Tell them to control their anger.

Big Brother Sweden 1 hour ago #9754645

@Constantinople Yeah he did. Made dem soviets think twice before stepping on his soil :P

IoannaT

21 F
Topic: What's on your mind #151 1 hour ago #9754644

@Finn123 sure... we are already fighting and the Turks provoke us all the time why not build a wall as an excuse for the Turks to start a war between us?

Ask a Witch 2 hours ago #9754643

@JoieDeVivre42 "Heksens Håndbog" by Dannie Druehyld
No translations available, but I am sure other languages have their own versions.

Dan

O
Topic: Just in! 3 2 hours ago #9754642

D'awww. Not really news, I guess. But nice.

The senior at Stillwater Area High School has a Dwayne Johnson pillow, Dwayne Johnson T-shirts and a Dwayne Johnson action figure. For her birthday, her friends got her a life-size cardboard cutout of her favorite movie star. She even dressed as The Rock for Halloween.
...
Johnson said Katie, was “cool” and “awesome” for inviting him to the prom, which will be May 5 at The Myth in Maplewood, but that he couldn’t attend because he would be shooting the movie “Jungle Cruise” in Hawaii.

Mikkel

21 M
Thank you so much Petrov 2 hours ago #9754641

@Sorflakne , Jep, this post is a bit imprecise.

There is a grate documentary about this man.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2277106/ Here is a link to IMDb

Stanislav Petrov was NOT a coward, he new something was wrong...

Thank you so much Petrov 2 hours ago #9754640

@CorruptUser

1.) It was the Americans themselves who deemed the Jupiter missile system obsolete and moved on to the submarine launched Polaris system instead. Of course the Jupiter system still worked, but there is no point in paying upkeep for an old system when you've developed a new and better one. All armies in all the world sooner or later retire old hardware that they no longer feel is good enough.
One of the Jupiter systems main drawbacks was that it - as land based - was susceptible to a surprise first strike by the Soviets, while the submarine launched Polaris missiles where safe from such a strike.

2.) I've never heard the claim that the US had stopped backing Batista, but you're welcome to prove that with any credible source you might have.

Cubas interests where always deemed "anti-American" by most of the American political system, as the US viewed Cuba as a client state. The mafia owned most of the hotels and nightclubs in Havana, the United Fruit Company owned most of the arable land on Cuba - and they used it to produce cash crops for US consumers.

When Castro came to power he went to Washington and sought a deal where the Cuban state would regain control of at least some of the land to be able to properly feed it's own people.
US politicians refused to even listen to him, instead siding with the United Fruit Company and other American business interests who had bough up much of anything of value on Cuba from consecutive corrupt regimes, including Batista's, supported by the US.

Faced with an almost completely hostile US that refused to accept Cuba as anything but an American economic colony, Castro was forced to unilateral nationalize the American assets instead.
That's what's always happens sooner or later when colonial masters refuse to accept that their colonies no longer wish to be exploited by them. The Americans should know this from their own history, but instead they've acted in exactly the same way not just towards Cuba, but many other nations as well.

3.) I don't agree, and I frankly think you Americans are pretty alone in believing so. But I haven't asked all the people in the world about it, so I can't say I know this to be a fact.

4.) I don't think that story is true. Instead, I think this is a correct description of what happened:

Zeust

729 M
Moderator
Topic: What's on your mind #151 2 hours ago #9754639

@Ode The Dutch flag? You're welcome! :D

Finn123

23 M
Topic: What's on your mind #151 3 hours ago #9754638

@Innkah
It pops up a lot more often than that actually.

Finn123

23 M
Topic: What's on your mind #151 3 hours ago #9754637

@IoannaT Just patrol the sea on a boat with a long pointy stick and build a wall on Turkey's border, thx.

Thank you so much Petrov 3 hours ago #9754636

@stevep59 Even a relatively small nuclear war would certanly lead to all three things, especialy enviromental collapse.

Terrorism is scary because it's almost impossible to stop but it can be kept at a low level. This is of course easy for me to say who live in a country with almost no terrorist attacks in our history.

I'm not that worried about a economical collapse. We Europeans should manage a few lean years. A lesser demand on natural resources would probably even do the enviroment good in the long run.

Enviromental collapse is the tricky problem. It's hard to create a consensus about what the risks are and what should be done about it before it's too late. The nuclear threat is much more simple, everyone knows what we shouldn't do with nukes. Well, almost everyone...

Ode

22 F
Topic: What's on your mind #151 3 hours ago #9754635

@Zeust
On another note I just learnt a new flag thanks to you :D

Thank you so much Petrov 3 hours ago #9754634

...his common sense saved the world, but got him fired for not fireing back...!

Zeust

729 M
Moderator
Topic: What's on your mind #151 3 hours ago #9754633

@Ode It's alright. As long as it doesn't happen weekly or whatever it's fine.

Ode

22 F
Topic: What's on your mind #151 4 hours ago #9754632

@Mixu
Thanks! You were actually the first Finn I ever noticed here. I've now spoken to two Finnish guys in total, jaja. Finland is my favorite character so I find that kinda awesome. Perhaps I'll add a Finnish girl in my collection later, but it seems like there aren't any here lol

Meelis13

24 M
Moderator
Topic: Deleted Comments 4 hours ago #9754631

@smithassignment1, your comment ID 9754610 has been deleted by moderator @Meelis13.

Ode

22 F
Topic: What's on your mind #151 4 hours ago #9754630

@Zeust
Thank you so much! I'm relieved. And I'll try to be more careful.

Mixu

13 M
Topic: Word Chain 4 hours ago #9754629

Rjussayjihia

Mixu

13 M
Topic: Help Me Takeover Earth! 4 hours ago #9754628

ATTENTION! Imperial Council has given IRIF Permission to Terminate this Base, its old relic used for nothing. Bombs will fall after hour. We let all who can Escape. After, that there is nothing left from this Base.

Zeust

729 M
Moderator
Topic: What's on your mind #151 4 hours ago #9754627

@Dorena Only thing that'll work is disguising the whole page as an ad so Adblock will block it in its entirety I guess. @Dayvi are you listening?

Zeust

729 M
Moderator
Topic: What's on your mind #151 4 hours ago #9754626

@Ode :angry: You did what?!? Accidentally report a comment?

B A N
A
N

:evillaugh:

Nevermind that this happens to everyone (including me), especially on mobile where the report buttons are conveniently placed exactly where you'd touch your phone to keep it from falling. If it happens a lot we may crywolf you, which means you can no longer report comments but can still do everything else. No way would you ever be banned for this.

stevep59

58 M
Thank you so much Petrov 4 hours ago #9754625

@Rogers

In direct terms terrorism and economic failures are far, far less dangerous. I say direct terms because indirect factors, like prompting political instability and extreme political can lead to much deeper problems.

A serious environmental collapse could be as bad as a major nuclear war and in one way more dangerous in that being a lot more subtle we can blunder into it without realising.

Advert